Hurricane Insurance Claims
Hurricane Irma has caused property damage throughout the state of Florida. In order to recover from the storm and begin making repairs, there are certain things you can do to try to make the process quicker and easier.
Reporting Your Property Damage Claim to Your Insurance Company:
- Insurance companies have requirements for reporting your claim. Your policy obligates you to comply with certain requirements. Your failure to comply with the policy requirements could provide the insurance company with a basis to deny your claim. One of the most common reasons insurance companies deny claims is for later reporting. That is why it is important that you report your claim as soon as you can. Most insurance companies provide multiple phone numbers and email addresses for reporting claims. Obtain your insurer’s contact information and report your claim as soon as possible.
- Send written notice to your insurer including a description of the damage to your property. Use the email address provided by your insurance company and send notice of your loss and a description of the damage to your home. Creating a paper trail will become important evidence if your claim is improperly denied or if you have to file a lawsuit against the insurance company. Send a written request to send an adjuster to your property as soon as possible. Showing that you have done everything possible to assist the insurance company will only help you with your claim.
Documenting Your Property Damage:
- Gather photographs showing the condition of your property before the storm. Take photographs and videos of the damage to your property. Document any changes to your property caused by the storm, including roof damage, damage to your walls, or damage to the floors. Document damage to items of value. If you have electronics or personal items that have serial numbers, write down the serial numbers and document the value of expensive items.
After the Insurance Company Makes a Claims Payment
- Once the insurance company makes a payment, be careful before agreeing to sign any releases or any documents that say “full and final settlement”. Speak to a lawyer before signing any documents you do not understand. If you are unsure whether your insurance company has paid you enough to repair your property, get multiple estimates from licensed contractors, contact a reputable public adjuster, or contact an attorney. There are many technical rules that govern the repairs that you must make after your property is damaged. For example, if a large enough percentage of your roof is damaged, the insurance company must pay to replace your roof and not just pay for a small repair. To ensure that you have been paid the full amount you are entitled to, call one of the attorneys at Leader, Leader & Zucker, PLLC.
What should I do if my Insurance Company denies or undervalues my Hurricane Irma Damage claim.
- If you suffered damage in Hurricane Irma and need help with your claim or have any questions about the process, call us today at 954-523-2020. We do not get paid unless you make a financial recovery and our fees are paid by the insurance company, not by you. We can help you recover from the storm and receive the benefits you are owed.
- Leader, Leader & Zucker, PLLC is experienced in dealing with insurance companies. We know how Florida insurance companies handle homeowner’s insurance claims. Our experience assists us in promptly evaluating your claim. At Leader, Leader & Zucker, PLLC, we are well-versed in the specific procedures involved in pursuing claims and protecting our clients’ rights under state and federal law. We work tirelessly in order to help policyholders obtain all of the insurance benefits to which they are entitled. For more information on homeowners insurance claims, click here.
ABOUT LEADER & LEADER
Leader & Leader, P.A. was founded and is operated with the fundamental principles of innovation, skill, experience, knowledge, aggressiveness and most importantly, personal attention to all of its clients, no matter how much is necessary for their particular matter. The firm has over seventy-five (75) years of experience amongst its partners, all of whom have dedicated themselves to that art of winning!
F.A.Q VIDEOS ABOUT INSURANCE
HERE YOU WILL FIND THE MOST LEGAL VIDEOS RELATED TO LEADER, LEADER & ZUCKER, PLLC
Compassionate, Dedicated Legal Representation
Leader, Leader & Zucker, PLLC was founded and is operated with the fundamental principles of innovation, skill, experience, knowledge, aggressiveness and, most importantly, personal attention to all of its clients.
633 South Andrews
Ave Suite 201
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301